30 August 10.00-12.30
In this seminar, you will gain an understanding of the complexities in providing fire-safe Specialist Disability Accommodation. It will discuss an organisation’s liabilities and offer solutions to improve survivability in an emergency.
The session will be delivered by Bruce Bromley, a specialist that consults on delivering Specialist Disability Accommodation; he is a co-author of the SDA Design Standards and is an expert in emergency evacuation planning for people with disability.
- Building Legislation
- Fire Sprinklers
- Requirements for class 1b and 3 dwellings
- Fire compartmentation
- Case studies
- Unique requirements of SDA
- Incorrect assumptions
- Evacuation by emergency services
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs)
- Assistance animals
- The Role of the OOA
- Fire risk of charging wheelchairs and scooters
- Evacuation strategy
- Assistive technology/equipment
2.5 hours, including Q & A.