If you’re like most people, you probably haven’t thought too much about carbon monoxide. But carbon monoxide is a common cause of fatal poisoning in homes around the world – and the number of cases of poisoning is on the rise in Australia too.
In 2010, Chase and Tyler Robinson died from carbon monoxide poisoning from an unserviced gas heater in their rental property. They were only eight and six years old.
The Chase & Tyler Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organisation which was established to reduce the number of deaths and injuries throughout Australia caused by carbon monoxide. Through the efforts of the foundation to educate communities about this health hazard, Chase and Tyler’s legacy of saving Australian lives will live on.
It’s a colourless, odourless and non-irritant gas, which means you can’t tell when it’s present in the air – so you may not realise the danger until it’s too late.Read More