LIF5800 /2: Photoelectric Smoke Alarm Lifesaver 240V AC 9V DC Quickslide
The PSA LIFESAVER Series 2 smoke alarms are available in 2 models. The PSA LIFESAVER Model LIF5800/2 operates on a 240VAC power source with a 9VDC battery backup. The PSA LIFESAVER Model LIF5800RL/2 is 240VAC mains powered with a sealed rechargeable lithium battery backup.
Both models use photoelectric sensing technology. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionisation alarms.
The LIFESAVER Series 2 smoke alarms uses the popular QUICK SLIDE base plate design for user friendly and easy installation. It is compatible with Series 1 models.
The LIFESAVER Series 2 is AS3786:2014 approved and SAI Global Listed with a 5-year warranty.
Interconnection of Smoke Alarms – Wireless
With the use of a Photoelectric Interconnected Wireless Smoke Alarm Base up to 24 smoke alarms can be connected together that meets the requirements of AS/NZS 4286:2012
Ease of Use
- Extra Large Test And Hush Button
- Quick slide design makes changing battery easy
- Compatible with: All PSA Lifesaver range of smoke alarms, heat alarm, strobe light and auxiliary devices, Remote test and hush plate and chip, Interconnect up to 24 units
- Detection Method: Photoelectric /Photo-optical sensing technology
- Operation: Stand-alone or interconnect up to 24 units
- Temperature Range: 0˚C to 40˚C
- Humidity Range: Up to 93% relative humidity (RH)
- Alarm Duration: As long as smoke is present, unit automatically resets when smoke clears
- Alarm sound 85dB at 3m
- Low battery indication: Sounds a chirp at 40 second intervals, in addition to red LED flashing every 5 minutes
- Hush Function: Red LED flash every 10 seconds.
- Alarm Indication: Flashing red LED indicator every second/ LED Green, power indicator. Red, alarm status indicator
- Compliance: SAI GLOBAL Approved and listed to AS3786:2014
- Australian standards: certified product. RCM.
- Power Requirement: 240V AC 50Hz sine wave supply
- Power Backup: 9Vdc battery (LIF5800/2)/ Fixed: rechargeable lithium (LIF5800RL/2)
- Rating: 10mA max per alarm
- Wiring Terminal: 9V+, Active, Switch, Neutral, Loop,
- Size: 130mm Wide x 45mm High
- Warranty: 5 years – manufacturer’s warranty
STANDBY CONDITION: The green LED indicates the presence of AC mains power. The red LED will flash every 5 minutes to indicate the smoke alarm is operating normally.
ALARM CONDITION: When the alarm senses products of combustion and goes into alarm the red LED will flash. The flashing LED and pulsating alarm will continue until the air is cleared. When units are interconnected, only the red LED of the alarm that senses the
smoke or is being tested (the originating unit) will flash. All other units in the interconnected system will sound an alarm but their red LED will NOT flash.
HUSH MODE: The red LED will flash every 10 seconds, indicating the smoke alarm is in the Hush Mode.
TEST MODE: Pressing and holding the TEST button will test the smoke alarm electronics and sounder. Releasing the TEST button the smoke alarm will enter hush mode.
LOW BATTERY CONDITION: The smoke alarm will beep every 40 seconds and the red LED will flash every 5 minutes when a low battery voltage is detected. Pressing the HUSH button during a low
battery warning will silence the low battery beeping for up to 8 hours. This is called LOW BATTERY HUSH.
SMOKE ALARM MEMORY: The red LED will flash 3 times every 40 seconds on the unit that has activated. Pressing the TEST button will emit short beeping before resetting.
CHAMBER FAULT MODE: The smoke alarm continuously monitors the condition of its smoke detection chamber. Smoke alarm will beep 3 times every 40 seconds if it requires maintenance and cleaning.