Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm 9V Test Reset feature

$52.95

 

  • Battery Operated (3AA’s included) Provides protection during power cut
  • Two LED’s
    • Red – Illuminates when in alarm mode.
    • Green – DC power is present, normal operation.
  • Test/Reset Button
    • Tests CO alarm circuit operation and allows you to immediately silence the alarm.
  • Continuously monitors CO levels detected
  • End of Life Alarm
    • Alerts user to replace the alarm after 7-years protection
  • Test/reset button
  • BSI standards approved to EN50291

53 in stock

SKU: LIF09 Categories: ,

Description

Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm 9V Test Reset feature. EN50291 approved 7 year life

Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, tasteless and odourless gas that is produced when fossil fuels such as coal, oil, natural gas, LPG, charcoal and wood are not burnt efficiently. It can be produced from poorly maintained or badly fitted domestic heating appliances such as boilers, wall heaters, wood burners, blocked flues or exhaust vents. It can cause long-term health effects such as heart disease and brain damage and is often deadly. Learn about the hazards and some tips on how to help avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

The main cause of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning is from combustion of fuels such as petrol, oil, gas and wood in areas with little or no ventilation.

Download the Carbon Monoxide The Silent Killer Fact Sheet

What are the symptoms?

The symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, sickness, tiredness and muscle pain, all of which can be misdiagnosed as the flu. It is therefore important to protect your family and home with a Carbon Monoxide Alarm.

CO Level Condition & Health Effects

0 ppmNormal, fresh air
10-24 ppmPossible health effects with long-term exposure
30 ppmMax TWA exposure for 8 hour work-day (NOHSC 1003:1995)
50 ppmMaximum permissible exposure in workplace
100 ppmSlight headache after 1-2 hours
200 ppmDizziness, nausea, fatigue, headache after 2-3 hours of exposure
400 ppmHeadache and nausea after 1-2 hours of exposure / Life threatening in 3 hours
800 ppmHeadache, nausea, and dizziness after 45 minutes / Collapse and unconsciousness after 1 hour of exposure / Death within 2-3 hours
1,600 ppmHeadache, nausea, and dizziness after 20 minutes of exposure / Death within 1-2 hours
3,200 ppmHeadache, nausea, and dizziness after 5-10 minutes / Collapse and unconsciousness after 30 minutes of exposure / Death within 1 hour
6,400 ppmDeath within 30 minutes
12,800 ppmImmediate physiological effects, unconsciousness / Death within 1-3 minutes of exposure

Click here for more information.

The Chase & Tyler Foundation

In 2010, Chase and Tyler Robinson died from carbon monoxide poisoning from an unserviced gas heater in their rental property. They were only eight and six years old.

The Chase & Tyler Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organisation which was established to reduce the number of deaths and injuries throughout Australia caused by carbon monoxide. Through the efforts of the foundation to educate communities about this health hazard, Chase and Tyler’s legacy of saving Australian lives will live on.

More information available at  www.chaseandtyler.org.au/

The PSA Lifesaver LIFCO9 alarm protects against the dangers of deadly carbon monoxide levels in the home and provides continuous monitoring of CO levels.

This alarm can be installed on a wall, or as a tabletop unit for added convenience. The PSA Lifesaver LIFCO9 units are easy to install and provide reliable protection against the dangers of carbon monoxide.

These alarm units benefit from a small, sleek design that is suitable for all living areas. They have a 7-year sensor life, providing up to 40% longer protection than many other CO alarms currently available.

Carbon monoxide is a colourless, tasteless and odourless gas that is produced when fossil fuels such as coal, oil, natural gas, LPG, charcoal and wood are not burned efficiently. It can be produced from poorly maintained or badly fitted domestic heating appliances such as boilers, wall heaters, wood burners, blocked flues or exhaust vents.

The symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, sickness, tiredness and muscle pain – all of which can easily be misdiagnosed as flu. It is therefore important to protect your family and home with a carbon monoxide alarm.

Technical Details

ModelKN-COB-B-LS-UK
Power Supply3 x AA batteries (as supplied)
Temperature Range40˚F (4˚C) to 100˚F (38˚C) and -10˚C to +60˚C
for storage or transport
Humidity Range10%-95% relative humidity (RH)
Alarm Dimensions / Weight126mm x 72mm x 35mm / 0.22kg
Life of Alarm7-year sensor life
ApprovalsApproved by BSI to EN52091 / CE approved
Warranty5 year limited warranty with proof of purchase
Audible Alarm85+ dB at 3m @ 3.4±0.5 KHz pulsing alarm
SensorElectrochemical

More Information about Carbon Monoxide Available Here