The Red Mini-968/10Y Carbon Monoxide Photoelectric alarm is a compact alarm that provides the highest level of protection for your family. It is surface mounted and powered by a 3V DC Sealed Battery and includes an LED display.
Download Red Carbon Monoxide Alarm Mini-968/10Y Specifications (Being updated)
- Compliance: BS EN50291-1:2018 (No Australian Standard)
- Supply: 3V DC Sealed Battery
- Battery Type: Lithium Battery
- Battery Life: 10 Years
- Operating Current: ≤150mA at 3V
- Standby Power: ≤10mA
- Detection Type: Carbon Monoxide
- Function Available: Hush Function/ Self-test of CO detection/ Local alarm
- Control Type: Button for test/ hush function
- Alarm Response Time: 50 PPM (60-90 mins)/ 100 PPM (10-40 mins)/ 300 PPM (<3 mins)
- Noise Level: 85 dB at 3m minimum
- Time delay range: 10 min for hush/ 10 hr for do not disturb
- Local Signal
- Sound : Alarm
- Sound : Signal
- Power Activation Signal (Green Light)
- Fault Warning (Yellow light flash 2 times)
- End of Life Signal (Yellow light flash 3 times)
- CO gas Warning Signal (Red Light)
- Type of Installation: Wall mount
- Device Mounting Surface
- Mounting Support Wall-mount
- Fixing Mode: By screws
- Dimensions: 90 x 22 x 90 cm (L x W x H)
- Ambient Air Temperature for Operation 0…50oC
- Relative Humidity: 5…95%
- Standards: EN50291-1:2012+A1:2010
- Product Certifications: Intertek Certificate No. 22302
Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm 9V Test Reset feature. 10-year life
Carbon Monoxide is a colourless, tasteless and odourless gas that is produced when fossil fuels such as coal, oil, natural gas, LPG, charcoal and wood are not burnt efficiently. It can be produced from poorly maintained or badly fitted domestic heating appliances such as boilers, wall heaters, wood burners, blocked flues or exhaust vents. It can cause long-term health effects such as heart disease and brain damage and is often deadly. Learn about the hazards and some tips on how to help avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.
The main cause of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning is from the combustion of fuels such as petrol, oil, gas and wood in areas with little or no ventilation.
Download the Carbon Monoxide The Silent Killer Fact Sheet
What are the symptoms?
The symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, sickness, tiredness and muscle pain, all of which can be misdiagnosed as the flu. It is therefore important to protect your family and home with a Carbon Monoxide Alarm.
CO Level Condition & Health Effects
|0 ppm||Normal, fresh air|
|10-24 ppm||Possible health effects with long-term exposure|
|30 ppm||Max TWA exposure for 8-hour work-day (NOHSC 1003:1995)|
|50 ppm||Maximum permissible exposure in the workplace|
|100 ppm||Slight headache after 1-2 hours|
|200 ppm||Dizziness, nausea, fatigue, headache after 2-3 hours of exposure|
|400 ppm||Headache and nausea after 1-2 hours of exposure / Life-threatening in 3 hours|
|800 ppm||Headache, nausea, and dizziness after 45 minutes / Collapse and unconsciousness after 1 hour of exposure / Death within 2-3 hours|
|1,600 ppm||Headache, nausea, and dizziness after 20 minutes of exposure / Death within 1-2 hours|
|3,200 ppm||Headache, nausea, and dizziness after 5-10 minutes / Collapse and unconsciousness after 30 minutes of exposure / Death within 1 hour|
|6,400 ppm||Death within 30 minutes|
|12,800 ppm||Immediate physiological effects, unconsciousness / Death within 1-3 minutes of exposure|
The Chase & Tyler Foundation
In 2010, Chase and Tyler Robinson died from carbon monoxide poisoning from an unserviced gas heater in their rental property. They were only eight and six years old.
The Chase & Tyler Foundation is a national, not-for-profit organisation which was established to reduce the number of deaths and injuries throughout Australia caused by carbon monoxide. Through the efforts of the foundation to educate communities about this health hazard, Chase and Tyler’s legacy of saving Australian lives will live on.
More information available at www.chaseandtyler.org.au/
The PSA Lifesaver LIFCO9 alarm protects against the dangers of deadly carbon monoxide levels in the home and provides continuous monitoring of CO levels.
This alarm can be installed on a wall, or as a tabletop unit for added convenience. The PSA Lifesaver LIFCO9 units are easy to install and provide reliable protection against the dangers of carbon monoxide.
These alarm units benefit from a small, sleek design that is suitable for all living areas. They have a 7-year sensor life, providing up to 40% longer protection than many other CO alarms currently available.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, tasteless and odourless gas that is produced when fossil fuels such as coal, oil, natural gas, LPG, charcoal and wood are not burned efficiently. It can be produced from poorly maintained or badly fitted domestic heating appliances such as boilers, wall heaters, wood burners, blocked flues or exhaust vents.
The symptoms of CO poisoning include headaches, sickness, tiredness and muscle pain – all of which can easily be misdiagnosed as flu. It is therefore important to protect your family and home with a carbon monoxide alarm.